The new guy !!

Land based fishing gear is more than just rods and reels. Discuss the tricks of the trade with your kit.

The new guy !!

Postby neiljamo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Hello all,
New member and new to surf fishing (a little knowledge, dangerous, ha ), not new to fishing in general, lived in NQ for 25 years so, spoiled for options from river to reef.

I work from around Frankston and down the Peninsula every week, see lots of sea and would like to pull things from it and return them as is sometimes responsible.

Is there a guy / girl who I could talk to, who knows about surf fishing, perhaps lives down this way and may be willing to give some direction on gear and methods, it seems the more I read, the less I know ?

Best regards,

Neil.
neiljamo

Re: The new guy !!

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Neil ,

Happy to try and assist you with any enquiries that you may have . I come down that side every Wednesday evening to train with my brother at his gym and sometimes head down to Mornington and a few of the beaches around the bay . Happy to arrange a meet and greet and to have a fish with you. This weekend however Graham and I are heading down to Portland for a fish and to meet up with Rick who lives down that way.

Sure that a few of the other guys that live down that way would also be happy to meet up and give you some assistance.

Regards

Jeremy :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Postby neiljamo » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Thanks Jeremy,
I will be in touch soon as.

I need advice on everything related to surf fishing, as I mentioned the more I read, the less I seem to know, turning up and observing some guys inaction may be good ?

Hope your trip to Portland went well, I went to Port Albert,( Sat day / night) the weather was very ordinary, red wine was good !!

Regards,

Neil.
neiljamo

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Neil ,

Had a great time in Portland , caught up with Rick and Noel . Did a little casting as the Lee was closed due to a passenger liner being in port but got on after 7.00 . Very relaxed . and they are a great pair to fish with . Very layer back about the whole experience :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Return to General Gear