Power Pro Super 8 Slick ?

Land based fishing gear is more than just rods and reels. Discuss the tricks of the trade with your kit.

Power Pro Super 8 Slick ?

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Just got some of this and was wondering if any of the level line casters have tried this line out or anybody else who has used it for fishing from the shore ?
Line is 20 pound with a diameter of 0.23 mm or the same as 6 pound mono. I hope to mate this up with a Gorilla braid shock leader and cast 125 to 175 gram leads with it .

Any feedback will be appreciated on this line ?

Regards :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Re: Power Pro Super 8 Slick ?

Postby smiles » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:40 pm

I've never used the Power Pro Super 8 Slick so I can't help you with that unfortunately, but if diameter is important in your decision the YGK Super Jigman is only 0.165mm diameter for the same 20lb breaking strain, or 35lb for the same diameter as the braid you've got.
http://japantackle.com/ygk-superjigmanx8-4884.html

Off topic, but what was the orange shock leader you had on your Squall the other week?
smiles

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks Ian , will look into that line .

In regards to the Leader that was Ultima PowerFlex in 40 pound , I use it up to 80 pound depending on the weights that I am throwing.

Regards :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Postby smiles » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Thanks for that, I've got 500m of 25lb Platypus Platinum for the Squalls and just need some leader now. Hopefully it will be enough for dragging in those huge Westernport weed monsters (and the occasional gummy).

re the YGK, I have about 250m of 30lb I stripped off a reel just sitting around not getting any use if you want to try it before paying for anything new. Let me know.
smiles

Return to General Gear