Anyfish anywhere six and bait fixed spool 13 ft rod

Land based fishing gear is more than just rods and reels. Discuss the tricks of the trade with your kit.

Anyfish anywhere six and bait fixed spool 13 ft rod

Postby LastBoyScout » Sat May 06, 2017 11:26 am

Hi Jeremy and veryone, I had the privilege of meeting Jeremy Schrader a couple of years ago, who demonstrated a true art form, pendulum casting.
I often look at the different members chats about rods and reels.
I started "Trying" pendulum casting a few years ago after meeting Jeremy, and then had some back problems.
I have now recovered and having started using my 12 ft Quantum Surge 5-12 kg /10-25lb rod with an Abu Garcia 6500 ct mag elite & or my Penn Squall 15 reels. I can reach 100 to 120 meters with 120 gm
Yes I know these are not really pendulum casting gear, so I am now looking for a rod that will get me out 150 meters for Surf Fishing. My concern is I fish Golden Beach, and use my reels in the high (fixed spool ) position, and use the plastic rod tube to hold rod.
I do not think I will do any pendulum casting competitions, I will leave that to you experts, but I do want o get out to that illusive 2nd gutter, and refuse to use a surf skiff etc.
There is a anyfish anywhere six and bait 13 ft fixed spool rod for sale. $270
Your opinions on this rod for my purpose fishing, would be gratefully accepted
Thanks all, keep em swinging
Lastboyscout
LastBoyScout

Re: Anyfish anywhere six and bait fixed spool 13 ft rod

Postby Dan-C » Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm

G'day and welcome back.
In Regards to the 6nBait. They are a reasonable rod and capable of a decent cast with the right technique. They are quite soft in the butt which makes it an easy and forgiving rod to cast even with an average technique, but they do tend to fold over when trying to really lean into a cast or when your technique allows you to put alot more energy into the cast. I have used one (and continue to use one) for the last few years. Although i find mine tends to spend more time in the rack as i have a preference for my Century TTSM, unless i am fishing some nasty conditions where i know the rod is going to cop some knocks.

They are pretty overpriced in this country and for similar money, i think there are better rods available, but if you can pick one up for $270 in good condition, then i think that is good value.

I wouldnt expect that this rod or any other rod will buy you distance, but it will grow with you as you improve your technique. 150m is a long way, but well in the reach of anyone who puts the time in, and the 6nBait is certainly capable of these distances and more.

What weights will you be casting? as the name suggests, 6 oz is where this rod is most comfortable. It will of coarse cast lighter weights, but without decent technique to compress the rod, it may feel a bit over gunned.

In regards to the competition side of things. It really doesnt matter at what level you cast, 100m or 250m, i think there are things to be gained by getting out on the casting field. The competitions are really relaxed affairs and allow people of all skill levels to get together, test them selves and improve. I think it would be really worthwhile to attends a few casting days and access to wealth of knowledge available.

Dan
Dan-C

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Dan, thanks for the info, I will most likely be casting around 150 to 200 grams, bait included.
I have been wanting to go to a casting session, and will definitely endeavour to get some quality teaching.
As I said before, I really appreciate all you advanced casters, giving help and advice.
Thanks Ken
LastBoyScout

Postby LastBoyScout » Mon May 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Jeremy, Dan-C and everyone,
after your great advice, I have decided not to buy the Anyfish Anywhere FIXED SPOOL 6 & bait.
I can buy a new Multiplier 6&bait 13 ft for $480, however Dan-C said there are more rods out there.
Any suggestions for a rod $500 or under, for pendulum casting 4 oz lead/120gms plus bait, in the high reel position, for surf fishing.
I can get around 100 metres, with my 12 ft Quantum Surge(cheap and nasty), and as I said before, ideally get around 150 metres, that is the 2nd gutter/drop off (with coaching)
Need help choosing
Thanks everyone
LastBoyScout

Postby Dan-C » Tue May 16, 2017 10:15 am

G'day,
If you can stretch your budget a little, I can strongly recommend the Century Tip Tornado LDSM for 4-5oz. They are brilliant rods for this weight and capable of impressive distances. They come built with Fuji titanium K Guides and a padded rod bag. Even though they are a little more expensive than the 6nbait, they offer much better value for money, both in blank quality and components used.
For 6 oz and bigger baits I can recommend the Tip tornado super match. This has a great fishing tip that registers bites well and is a pleasure to fish with. Another to look at would be the C3 LD. I don't personally own one of these, but Jeremy will be able to offer some more information on these.
I think it would be best to try out a few of these options and see what suits you best, they are all great options and all capable of big distance, but personel feel will dictate what you like most.

Dan
Dan-C

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue May 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Wow Dan, I did not know That Jeremy was in the design of this rod.
I am trying to catch up with him, unfortunately he is practising this weekend, and I am at my Gun Club, At Seymour.
I will be contacting him when he gets back from his Competition, in a couple of weeks.
Thank you for your advice, I will be saving my pennies.
LastBoyScout

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Tue May 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Like Dan has said there are a number of options that are a lot more enjoyable to use than the 6 and bait. If you like yoiu can meet up with me for a fish and use a couple of mine so that you get a good feel of what will suit you.

Regards :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue May 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Thank you Jeremy,
That would be great to go fishing with you
Look forward too it.
Can I send you a txt with my mobile number, and we can arrange a fish
Thanks matey
Ken
LastBoyScout

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Wed May 17, 2017 7:18 am

Yes mate send through the number and I will give you a call. We can arrange a fish next week and see if we can get some winter Reds.
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Return to General Gear