Century SRE's 13'8" & 15'

New technology and the old, choosing the right rod and how to set it up.

Century SRE's 13'8" & 15'

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Well finally got both rods set up for casting and fishing with braided line. I have set both rods up with Fuji "K" guides and have a fast choke setup with the majority of the running guides being size 12. I may do down to a smaller size in the future but at this stage they are working very well for me. Both rods have sliding reel seats so it's easy to adjust the reel placement depending on whether I am bait fishing , spinning and also depending on the size of reel that I run on them.

Currently I am running medium sized reels being the Daiwa Basia 25QD as well as my Excellor 4500.

Headed down the bay in the hope of picking up a few Pinkies but whilst the tide was right the fish hadn't read the script. Still was good getting out and giving the rods a side by side comparison . The shorter rod impressed me with its balance and recovery though as you would expect the longer rods was giving me that little bit more distance with the same basic cast. Will have to swap the reels around next time out to see if that has any effect on the distances but don't think it will make that much.

Here's a short clip of me casting the two rods so that you can see the load with the 100 gram leads I was using.
https://youtu.be/7JBEXPfB5pM

Regards :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Re: Century SRE's 13'8" & 15'

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Well wasn't fit or able to get out this weekend so did the next best thing and made up a few 3 and 4 oz grip leads to use on the SRE's matched with my thread lines and braid.

Hoping to get into a few Whitting in the coming weeks as well as a few good Salmon along the beaches. Looking at running the two rods side by side .

The grip leads should match up well with these based on how the 100 gram leads went last weekend.

Will run an update in the near future :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Return to Rods