Century FMA for Surf

New technology and the old, choosing the right rod and how to set it up.

Century FMA for Surf

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

Well finally getting my act together and building up my 12' Century FMA . This rod will be used for throwing lures in the surf on light braid but also for the likes of Whitting around the bay down here in Victoria.

I have set her up with one of the new winches that Century use on there carp rods but will be binding her up with titanium single foot guides on the tip and a Fuji titanium "K" guide on the butt section . Note that the rod is rated up to 5 oz but I will be using lures from 30 gram through to 75 for most of the time.

Heres the video from this mornings session :D

https://youtu.be/JWCfAnEsbyI

Really looking forward to getting some of the big WA Salmon on this rod :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Re: Century FMA for Surf

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Had another practice session after fitting the rear grip and binding checks etc and looking forward to using her down the beach and piers throwing the lightweight jigs that I got .

These are the jigs they are 40 through to 100 gram.

I am still playing around with hook placement and assist hook set up but believe these will fly from the rod especially after todays test with the 56 gram lead weight and 20 pound braid.
https://youtu.be/iI9esdMwXGc

Looking forward to using it soon :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

Jeremy Schrader

Re: Century FMA for Surf

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Finally got the rod built up and christened her up in NSW with Dan , sadly got smoked by a nice Bronzie but did land a few smaller fish. The rod handles very well with my Daiwa Basia 25QD loaded with Slick 8 Braid.

Hooked up on the Bronzie but sadly it ended in a bite off after around 5 minutes .

Also had a spinning session with her done at Mornington and was very happy pelting out 35 gram metals :D

Now to get a few more fish on her :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Dark Side

Jeremy Schrader

Return to Rods