pendulum advice and pointers please

Swing it high, swing it low, drag it across the ground? Discussion on casting technique.

pendulum advice and pointers please

Postby Gippslander » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 pm

casting komp ss 150 or 175grm (video few days old).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzUF66JTmA

seems to me i'm doing the start of the turn a little to quickly thus folding right arm and cutting the corner a little. have tried to rectify this by slowing down a little but not had much success doing so.

sometimes i've managed to get my right straighter and left up higher/straighter though this leads to the rod getting loaded up more behind me before my left foots planted or my hand are out infront, thus leading to a number of errors; rod decompressing before pull/punch, pushing me off balance, thumb slip.

had a go pro for x-mas but have been having a nightmare this January with the software and not being able to either import it or edit it satisfactory. just loaded a nice slow-mo session to you tube which said it had uploaded but is now no where to be seen and have deleted the video to make space for memory grrrrrrr i hate computers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

thanks the whinging pom (just getting some practice for the up and coming salt creek trip)

ps any tips on better camera angles?
Gippslander

Re: pendulum advice and pointers please

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 am

Hugh ,

Great to see you having a cast and hope to catch up with you in the near future :D

In regards to the cast put more power into the backswing and then focus on getting the left arm out and up in front of your head. When you start the turn you are not looking up and the left is way to low .

If you and Grant get some time on your return from Salt creek give me a yell and we can catch up for a cast.

Regards :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Postby Gippslander » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:11 am

Cheers Jeremy

Will endeavour to put those pointers in action and tame the go pro.

Must admit that I resorted to copying grants low swing on our fishing trip and I was happy with the ease of timing it gave me and it it enabled me to come more round the side. Also it was a lot easier on the body with 175 gram/ 200 gram plus bait.

Unfortunately we didn't have any spare time due to pre booked flights and work to catch up.
Gippslander

Postby Jeremy Schrader » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 am

All good mate , hope that you had a good session down at Salt Creek and was able to get a few fish on deck :D
Welcome to the Dark Side

We have Cookies : - )
Jeremy Schrader

Return to Technique